I originally came up with this Honey and Nougat Parfait recipe after needing something different to use as a semi-freddo dessert. It is very basic and adapted from one where a basic stock syrup us used. I swapped out the stock syrup for honey syrup and added chunks of delicious nougat and the result was delicious! The syrup can be changed to be sweeter if one would prefer, but I think it’s just right as is.
Makes 6-8 7cm moulds
8 Egg yolks
150g Pye’s raw honey
A handful of Wedgwood nougat chunks. (I used the cranberry and almond)
In a saucepan, add the water, honey and sugar and allow to dissolve. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer.
In the mean time, whip the cream to stiff peak in a stand mixer.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they are combined and slowly add the syrup in a steady slow stream whilst continuously whisking. Continue to whisk the mixture until light and frothy.
Leave the mixture to cool slightly, then add one big dollop of cream and whisk in to lighten the mix.
Slowly incorporate the rest of the cream by folding it in until well mixed.
In a mould lined on the bottom with cling wrap (I use cut segments of new gutter piping as the mould) place some chunks of nougat.
Pipe the mixture into the mould then stick more chunks of nougat into it from on top.
Wrap and freeze for at least five hours.
Remove from the freezer five to ten minutes before serving. Serve with a tart berry compote or coulis.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016