I have catered for many different weddings before, but Amy and Rhys Johnstone’s vegan wedding was a first for me. The rising demand for plant-based meals has seen me experimenting with a number of vegan flavours, dishes, desserts and cakes this year, and while I have been growing in confidence with my vegan repertoire, catering an entirely vegan wedding did make me feel a little apprehensive in the beginning! In the end, however, things went off without a hitch and Amy told me that she noted many of her die-hard meat-eating guests returning for seconds and even thirds!
The extensive and colourful menu included things like Mini Veg Burgers and Sweet Potato and Avocado Bites for snacks, Tomato and Rocket Soup for starters, Artichoke and Barley Tabouleh, Roast Beetroot and Courgette Phyllo Pastry Parcels, Chick Pea and Lentil Curry, Vegetable Lasagne, Spaghetti and Ratatouille and a dessert table filled with Mini Berry Vacherins, Rhubarb and Apple Crumble, Malva Pudding and Ginger Miso Ice Cream. The wedding cake was carrot and vanilla and was served alongside delicious vegan petit fours.
I would just like to thank Amy and Rhys for affording me this first-time culinary adventure – I had such fun! I wish you both the best for your wonderful future ahead.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016