This honey toasted muesli recipe was a request from the lovely Nicola Ashe. It’s packed full of health and goodness – the nuts and seeds with their protein and good fats will keep you full and energetic until lunchtime, and the honey and cranberries add a little sweetness to the mix. Serve with plain yoghurt or almond milk or even chuck a few spoons into your morning fruit smoothie.
2.5 cups raw rolled oats
1\2 cup raw cashew nuts
1\2 cup pecan nut halves
1\2 cup whole raw almonds
1\2 cup sesame seeds
1\2 cup poppy seeds
1\2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cups coconut flakes
1 1\2 tsp ginger powder
1\2 cup honey
1\3 cup vegetable oil
1 cups dried cranberries
Preheat your oven to 160c (fan assisted if possible)
Mix everything together except the honey, oil and cranberries.
Heat the honey and oil in a saucepan until it begins to bubble and is completely runny. Mix it into the dry ingredients thoroughly, being sure to evenly distribute.
The honey and oil mixture will allow the muesli to toast better and will also stick all the small seeds to the larger nuts and oats.
Place in a large tray or two trays and put in the oven. Mix the muesli up at 5minute intervals until it is golden brown. Do not let it brown too much in the oven as it will continue to brown when you take it out.
Once it has cooled a bit, add in the cranberries and mix through.
Keep in an airtight container.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016