Good morning everybody! Hope you’ve had a great weekend. Today is Green Monday – the perfect opportunity to begin the new week on the right foot and making these delicious miso roasted vegetable parcels with smoked paprika hummus will help you achieve this. You can serve these parcels as snacks at a party or eat them as a meal on their own. Please be sure to tag me on social media if you replicate this meal – I would love to see your results. Enjoy!
3 cups of chopped vegetables – brinjal, peppers, courgettes
2 tbsp miso paste
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
1 tsp thyme leaves
½ cup water
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Cracked black pepper
Mix the olive oil, herbs, sugar and miso paste together and massage into the vegetables.
Season with salt and pepper. Place into oven tray and pour water over.
Roast at 180c until cooked through and browned, mixing at 10 minute intervals.
For triangular parcels, cut strips of phyllo pastry about 7 cm wide and 20-30cm long. Brush the first sheet with olive oil and repeat twice.
Place a small handful of the vegetables on the bottom of the pastry and wrap it over from the bottom corner. Repeat until you reach the end of your strip. You should have a triangle (or something close to it!).
Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 180c until golden brown.
For the Hummus
1 tin of chick peas in brine, drained, reserve liquid
3-4 cloves of garlic
½ cup tahini
½ cup good olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp smoked paprika
Juice of one lemon
Put everything except the drained chickpea liquid into a food processor and blend until smooth for about 1-2 minutes. Add liquid if necessary to create the correct consistency. Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with a little olive oil drizzled over the top and a sprinkling of paprika.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016