Unless you’ve been hiding under a very big rock, you will know that it’s Valentines Day next week! Instead of a last minute (and, more than likely, damn expensive) cheesy card or a boring bouquet, why not show your loved one the true depth of your dedicated heart and make them something delicious with your own two hands? To be entirely gender-neutral and PC, I think we can all agree, that the best way to a person’s heart is through their stomach! I realise that not everyone has loads of time to spend in the kitchen on a Monday before Valentines Day (let’s be honest, this is probably when you will likely be making this) and so I’ve concocted pretty much the easiest and most delicious Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone recipe you could possibly attempt! In brackets is also the vegan version for my vegan followers – enjoy!Ingredients
300g good quality dark chocolate (70% dark chocolate and above is usually vegan)
350g good quality white chocolate (coconut oil or coconut butter for the vegans)
100g good quality milk chocolate (peanut or almond butter)
350g Nutella (coconut cream)
Start off by toasting your hazelnuts in the oven until they are golden brown.
Melt 100g of the dark chocolate and using a pastry brush coat a silicone bread tin, or a regular bread tin lined with baking paper, with it.
Place all of the remaining ingredients, except the Nutella (or coconut cream) in a bowl and melt it over a bain marie.
Remove from the heat and stir in the Nutella (or coconut cream) and hazelnuts.
Pour into your prepared bread tin, top off with some more melted dark chocolate and leave in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
Serve with roses and a winning smile.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016