This easy, yet utterly delicious recipe for Brioche French Toast is sure to thrill anyone with a sweet tooth. It looks impressive and is a decadent treat for a luxurious breakfast-in-bed treat or any other special occasion. Try and find a soft, enriched bread like brioche or ‘pain de mie’.
I will be posting my own brioche loaf recipe sometime soon, so stay tuned! For an even richer take on this dish, try it out with leftover croissants instead of bread.
Special thanks to Chloe of Dear Chloe Photography for the images.
Ingredients (2 portions):
3 thick slices Brioche or pain de mie bread
2 extra large eggs
½ cup full cream milk
1 tbsp sugar
1 pinch cinnamon
Castor sugar for dusting
½ tub mascarpone cheese
Maple syrup for drizzling
Cut the figs and sprinkle with some castor sugar. Roast in the oven for 10minutes at 180c. Reserve some of the fig pieces to serve fresh.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
Heat a frying pan with a little butter.
Cut the bread into desired size and dip in the mixture, about 5 seconds a side.
Fry the bread on medium heat for about 2 minutes a side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen towel to remove excess butter.
Put it together:
Stack the bread with some scoops of mascarpone and figs in between. Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Garnish with fresh figs and berries.
Latest posts by Alex Poltera (see all)
- Brioche French Toast with Roasted Figs, Mascarpone and Maple Syrup - May 4, 2017
- Cinnamon Churros with Cayenne Pepper Chocolate Ganache and Miso Caramel Dipping Sauce - March 14, 2017
- Vanilla and Lemon Curd Mille-Feuille - March 1, 2017
- Vegan Beetroot Tartare - February 20, 2017
- Valentines Day Chocolate Torrone - February 7, 2017
- Wedding Eats: Gayle & Justin at The Glades - January 19, 2017
- Kaylan’s Tandoori Chicken Skewers - December 15, 2016
- Vegan Mince Pies - December 5, 2016
- Rooibos Panna Cotta with Lemon Buttermilk Sponge and Berry Coulis - November 15, 2016
- Butternut and Parmesan Open Ravioli with Burnt Sage Butter and Toasted Hazelnuts - October 26, 2016
- Green Monday: the best MLT by Keri Bainborough - September 19, 2016
- Eating Green on Mondays – an interview with I Love Foodies - September 12, 2016
- Abingdon launches their 2014 MCC with Bubbles and Brunch at Tijnhuis - September 9, 2016
- Heston Blumenthal’s The Fat Duck - August 16, 2016
- Review: Dower House - August 2, 2016